Google, Russia Reach Out-of-Court Settlement Over Android OS
The deal was approved by a Russian court earlier on Monday.
Google reaches an out-of-court settlement with Russia over Android OS. (Image: Reuters)
Russian anti-monopoly watchdog FAS and Alphabet Inc's Google have reached an out-of-court settlement in a case over the Android operating system, FAS said on Monday.
The deal was approved by a Russian court earlier on Monday, said FAS deputy head Alexei Dotsenko, adding that it was for a term of six years and nine months.
FAS ruled in 2015 that Google was abusing its dominance by requiring the pre-installation of certain applications on mobile devices using Android, following a complaint by Russia's Yandex. ($1 = 56.0700 roubles)
Recommended For You
- Umpire Brutally Assaulted by Players During a Club Game in New Zealand
- Perks for Oscars 2019 Nominees: Greek Beachfront Escape, Dinner in Mexico, Poop Emoji Plunger
- Why So Serious? Artist Makes Eminem Finally 'Smile' and the Results are Truly Horrifying
- Australian Couple Grows Human-Sized Cabbage After 9 Months of Hard Work, Eats Coleslaw for Two Weeks
- HP Spectre x360 13 Review: When A Good Windows Convertible Evolves Into a True Great
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s