Google to Invest $13 Billion in The US This Year
In a blog post, Pichai said the investment would create tens of thousands of new jobs.
Google will invest $13 billion in building new data centres and offices in over a dozen states in the US in 2019, the company's CEO Sundar Pichai has said. In a blog post, Pichai said the investment would create tens of thousands of new jobs.
"Last year, we hired more than 10,000 people in the US and made over $9 billion in investments. "We're now announcing over $13 billion in investments throughout 2019 in data centres and offices across the US, with major expansions in 14 states," Pichai wrote.
This would enable the creation of more than 10,000 new construction jobs in Nebraska, Nevada, Ohio, Texas, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Virginia. Pichai said Google data centres make a significant economic contribution to local communities, as do the associated $5 billion in energy investments.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Actress Mohena Singh Looks Every Bit a Real-Life Princess in her Mehendi Outfit, See Pics
- Inside Kapil Sharma, Ginni Chatrath's Baby Shower Party
- Reliance Jio Says India’s Monthly Data Usage is More Than 9GB Per Subscriber
- Bigg Boss 13: Salman Khan Announces Sidharth Shukla to be Rashami Desai's Slave, She Refuses
- All-New BMW 3-Series Test Drive Review: Performance in the Lap of Luxury