Google's Rumored More Affordable Pixel Phone Could Compete With OnePlus
The mid-tier smartphone is aimed at emerging markets including India, and the company is planning to launch the device early next year after launching the Pixel 3 and the Pixel 3 XL in the market.
Google October 9 Event: Everything Expected to Lunch (image: Twitter @wylsacom)
If we are to believe the reports online, Google is expected to launch a “mid-tier” smartphone in the Rs 40,000-Rs 50000 range, which will pit it against OnePlus which could do with some competition. Additionally, Google will continue to take on premium market players Apple and Samsung through its high-end Google Pixel Smartphones Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL in the Rs70,000-Rs85,000 range. According to the report, the mid-tier smartphone is aimed at emerging markets including India, and the company is planning to launch the device early next year after launching the Pixel 3 and the Pixel 3 XL in the market.
India is the world's second biggest smartphone market in the world, but Google hasn't exactly found many takes for the Pixel and the Pixel 2 phones here because of their high prices. Google is not the only company hoping to come out with a relatively more affordable phone. Apple too is likely to launch a more affordable iPhone -- this would be the iPhone with 6.1-inch screen and will possibly launch on September 12.
Google is also gearing up for the global launch of its 2018 flagship phones: the Pixel 3 and the Pixel 3 XL. The phones are expected to show up on October 9 at an event in New York.
Recommended For You
- Arjun Rampal and Gabriella Demetriades Blessed with a Baby Boy, Wishes Pour In
- Hrithik Roshan, Anand Kumar Host Special Screening of Super 30 for Vice President Venkaiah Naidu
- Netflix Hopes a More Affordable Subscription Plan For India is The Winning Ticket
- Instagram is Now Hiding Likes on Photos in More Countries; No Point Buying Likes And Views Anymore
- Watch: Airline Passenger Caught Using Toes to Scroll Through In-Flight Entertainment