Govt Aims to Finalise National Telecom Policy by March: Communications Minister
The work on the formulation of the National Telecom Policy 2018 has been initiated and is targeted to be finalised by March 2018," Sinha said in a written reply to the Lok Sabha.
File photo of Telecom Minister Manoj Sinha.
The government is looking to finalise the National Telecom Policy 2018 by March next year, Communications Minister Manoj Sinha informed Parliament today. "The Department of Telecommunications envisages to formulate a new National Telecom Policy in view of rapid technological advancement in the sector.
The work on the formulation of the National Telecom Policy 2018 has been initiated and is targeted to be finalised by March 2018," Sinha said in a written reply to the Lok Sabha. He said that several working groups have been constituted on different themes for this purpose. DoT officials have earlier said that the draft of the new telecom policy will be placed in public domain for seeking their views. The DoT has formed 13 working groups to prepare a draft of the National Telecom Policy.
Watch: Tech and Auto Show | Ep 24 | Honor 7X, TVS Apache RR 310, Volvo XC60 & More
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nushrat Bharucha Wants to See Ranbir Kapoor in a Towel in Bigg Boss
- Prince Narula, Yuvika Chaudhary to Quit Nach Baliye 9?
- Shashi Tharoor Slams Pakistan's 'Vituperative Mudslinging', Twitter Brings Out Dictionary
- Sehwag Wins Praises for Training Kids of 'Pulwama Shaheeds' at His School
- Xiaomi Redmi Note Smartphone Series Crosses 100 Million Shipment Milestone