Has Donald Trump Revealed Apple's Plan to Build a Factory in Texas?
The US President made these comments to White House reporters just hours after tweeting that his administration would not grant Apple any tariff relief for Chinese-made parts for its Mac Pro computer.
File photo of US President Donald Trump.
US President Donald Trump has said that he wanted Apple Inc to build its plants in the United States and expects the technology firm to announce it will build one in Texas. Trump made the comment to reporters at the White House just hours after saying in a Twitter post that his administration would not grant Apple any tariff relief for Chinese-made parts for its Mac Pro computer.
“Make them in the USA, no Tariffs!” he tweeted.
Apple will not be given Tariff waiver, or relief, for Mac Pro parts that are made in China. Make them in the USA, no Tariffs!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 26, 2019
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- BWF World Championships: PV Sindhu Beats Chen Yu Fei to Storm into Third Successive Final
- Scarlett Johansson Tops Forbes List of the Highest-paid Actresses Second Year in a Row
- RCB Rope in Hesson & Katich for IPL 2020, Sack Kirsten and Nehra
- First Details of The OnePlus TV Confirmed: It Will Have a 55-Inch QLED Panel
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans