ICICI Bank Integrates 'DigiLocker' Facility With Its Net-Banking Platform
‘DigiLocker’ is an online repository platform for issuance, verification and storage of digital certificates and documents on cloud.
Representative Image. (Reuters)
ICICI Bank announced the integration of its retail internet banking platform with ‘DigiLocker’, an initiative of the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India. ‘DigiLocker’ is an online repository platform for issuance, verification and storage of digital certificates and documents on cloud. With this integration, all savings account customers of ICICI Bank who have mapped their Aadhaar numbers with bank accounts can directly register and access ‘DigiLocker’ while they are logged in to their internet banking account. ICICI Bank offers this service free of cost.
Some of the salient features of ‘DigiLocker’ are listed below:
· Users do not require separate credentials to access ‘DigiLocker’; once registered, they can directly login through the ICICI Bank net banking platform without further authentication
· Users can also access their digital documents anytime, anywhere and also share it online
· Currently, over 20 organisations including the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Ministry of Road Transport, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, including various eDistrict applications are part of the ‘DigiLocker’ ecosystem.
Below are some benefits of ‘DigiLocker’:-
· ‘DigiLocker’ is available to all savings account customers, who have linked their Aadhar numbers with their bank accounts
· ICICI Bank is offering this facility free of cost
· Some of the other benefits include self-attestation in the form of digital signatures, easy authentication of documents, reduced carbon footprint as it eliminates paper usage as well as expediting document processing in availing various citizen centric document services.
ICICI Bank services its customer base through a multi-channel delivery network of branches, ATMs, call center, internet banking, mobile banking, banking on Facebook & Twitter and ‘PocketsbyICICIBank’ a digital bank on mobile.
Recommended For You
- Sheila Dikshit, Former Delhi Chief Minister, Passes Away At 81
- I Hope I Can Get Gold: PV Sindhu Doesn't Want to Miss Opportunity After Reaching 1st Final of 2019
- 'Virat Kohli' is a TikTok Star and No We aren't Talking About Team India Captain
- Daughter Disowns Trophy-Hunting Dad Who Kissed Partner Beside Slain Lion
- Tiger Shroff, Disha Patani Step Out for Dinner Date Amid Breakup Rumours, See Pics