Indian Railways To Rely On Modern Tech To Detect Failures.
Faced with increased number of derailments, the Railways will explore possibilities of acquiring an advanced system for rail fracture detection.
Faced with increased number of derailments, the Railways will explore possibilities of acquiring advanced system. (Image: Reuters)
Faced with increased number of derailments, the Railways will explore possibilities of acquiring an advanced system for rail fracture detection and track monitoring to enhance safety.
Aiming at augmenting the pace of modernized technological adaptations, the Research and Development Standards Organization (RDSO) of the Railways will hold a two-day global technology conference here next month.
With four lead thrust areas - safety, reliability, capacity enhancement and customer service, the meet beginning from May 3 envisages bringing in new perspectives and insights in planning for future rail transportation growth in the country and for assessing contemporary global technologies relevant to adoption.
Several experts from rail transportation development and allied technological industries, academia and research fraternity across the world are slated to deliver presentations and interact with experts of Indian Railways for identification of appropriate cutting edge technologies and systems available worldwide for adaptation.
Besides safety, the conference will also explore on capacity enhancement, congestion reduction and enhanced customer service.
Recommended For You
- [In Pics] Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro Leaked in a Series of Images: Notch Display, Dual Camera Confirmed
- Anil Kumble Believes India Can Spin and Win it in England
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Messi and Argentina Face Early Exit After Horrid Show Against Croatia
- Tiger Shroff, Disha Patani Are Incredible Dancers And So Is This Man, Watch Video
- Divya Seth Shah to Play Manmohan Singh's Wife in The Accidental Prime Minister