Infosys Becomes 'Open Invention Network' Member
The IT giant believes that open source software is a necessary enabler as enterprises worldwide use the internet to build new consumer-centric and connected applications.
Infosys India. (File photo)
Open Invention Network (OIN), the largest patent non-aggression community with well over 2,000 members, on Tuesday said Indian information technology (IT) giant Infosys has joined it as a community member.
"We appreciate Infosys's leadership in joining OIN, and believe that those that look to the company for inspiration, both in and outside of India, will see the wisdom it has demonstrated by supporting patent non-aggression in Linux and adjacent open source technologies," said OIN's CEO Keith Bergelt.
The IT giant believes that open source software is a necessary enabler as enterprises worldwide use the internet to build new consumer-centric and connected applications, a statement said.
"Open source software has become the primary engine of innovation, and should now be viewed as the key building block of all modern enterprise architectures. Innovation in areas like cloud computing, big data, artificial intelligence, DevOps and modern web frameworks are all happening in the open source ecosystem," said Infosys' Senior Vice President and Head, Architecture & Technology, Navin Budhiraja.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Gonna Tell My Kids' is the Newest Meme in Town and Desi Twitter Has Given a Hilarious Twist to it
- Kamya Panjabi to Get Married in Feb 2020, Announces Date with Picture of ‘Favourite Man’
- Everyone is Keen to Play in Srinagar: I-League CEO Confident Real Kashmir Games Will be Safe
- Lenovo IdeaPad S540 Review: If You Don’t Like Compromises, You Will Love This
- Hackers Could be Using Your Android Phone’s Camera to Spy on You