Instagram Now Allows You to Follow Hashtags
Following a hashtag is just like following a friend. To get started, search for a topic you are interested in or tap on a hashtag from any post.
Instagram Update: Now Share Stories With Close Friends (Image: REUTERS/Lucas Jackson)
Following Twitter's footsteps of searching hashtags and staying connected with hobbies, passions and communities, Instagram on Wednesday launched a similar feature for users to make their interests more discoverable. "Everyday, millions of people share photos and videos and tag them with relevant hashtags. Hashtags represent the many interests and passions of our community. To make these posts even more discoverable, we're introducing hashtags you can follow," the company said in a blog.
Following a hashtag is just like following a friend. To get started, search for a topic you are interested in or tap on a hashtag from any post. You will see relevant hashtags displayed in the search results along with related accounts. When you find a hashtag you like, open the hashtag page and tap on the following button. You'll begin seeing top posts from that hashtag in your feed and some of the latest stories in your stories bar. You can always unfollow a hashtag at any time.
Users can also check the hashtags other people follow their profiles. Similar to people you follow, hashtags you follow respect your privacy settings. If you set your account to private, the hashtags you follow will only be visible to your followers.
Watch: Tech and Auto Show Awards 2017
Recommended For You
- Ahead of India Vs Pakistan Clash in the ICC World Cup 2019, Bollywood Memes Are a Hit
- Last Hurrah: Mahindra Thar Signature Edition to Commemorate its First Generation
- Cabin of the Next-Gen Hyundai Creta Could Take on Audi's Cockpit
- #FactCheck: Did Super Mario Creator Really Tweet Picture of Mario and Luigi Kissing?
- Ola Cab Driver's Gesture after a Passenger Lost his Wallet in the Cab is Heartwarming
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s