Instagram 'Stories' Beats Snapchat With Over 200 Million Daily Active Users
The new figure catapults Instagram past Snapchat — which first championed the 'Stories' format.
(Image: REUTERS/Lucas Jackson/File Photo)
Instagram today announced that its "Stories" feature has hit over 200 million daily active users, up from 150 million announced in January.
The new figure catapults Instagram past Snapchat — which first championed the 'Stories' format — which most recently reported 161 million daily active users ahead of its parent company Snap's IPO last month.
Given that Instagram first introduced "Stories" last August, the result shows how effective its parent company, Facebook, is at replicating and marketing an appealing format.
To coincide with the news, Facebook revealed it is also introducing new "sticker" tools for Instagram, including a feature called "Pinning" for stickers and text, and location-specific stickers for users in Chicago, London, Madrid and Tokyo.
Recommended For You
- Mona Lisa on the Move: Iconic Painting Gets New Spot in Louvre After 14 Years
- Mahira Khan and Bilal Ashraf’s Love Story Wins Hearts in Superstar Trailer
- Instagram is Now Hiding Likes on Photos in More Countries; No Point Buying Likes And Views Anymore
- ICJ Orders Pakistan To Grant Consular Access To Kulbhushan Jadav
- 'SpaceX has Area 59': Elon Musk Joins In on the 'Area 51 Raid' To 'Free Aliens'