Instagram 'Stories' Beats Snapchat With Over 200 Million Daily Active Users
The new figure catapults Instagram past Snapchat — which first championed the 'Stories' format.
(Image: REUTERS/Lucas Jackson/File Photo)
Instagram today announced that its "Stories" feature has hit over 200 million daily active users, up from 150 million announced in January.
The new figure catapults Instagram past Snapchat — which first championed the 'Stories' format — which most recently reported 161 million daily active users ahead of its parent company Snap's IPO last month.
Given that Instagram first introduced "Stories" last August, the result shows how effective its parent company, Facebook, is at replicating and marketing an appealing format.
To coincide with the news, Facebook revealed it is also introducing new "sticker" tools for Instagram, including a feature called "Pinning" for stickers and text, and location-specific stickers for users in Chicago, London, Madrid and Tokyo.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Renegades' Sensational Turnaround Hands Them Maiden BBL Title
- Olive's Branch: People are Adopting Trees to Help Breathe New Life into Dying Village
- Twitter Reacts to Sri Lanka's Thrilling Durban Victory
- Vicky Kaushal on Pulwama Attack: It Should Not be Forgiven and Forgotten
- Streaming Now: Watch Out For The Priyanka Chopra-produced Firebrand on Netflix
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s