Instagram Testing Tap-to-Advance Feature to Browse Through Posts Instead Scrolling
Instagram already uses an auto-advance feature in its "Videos You Might Like" section of Explore, automatically playing the next video when the last one finishes.
Instagram Re-Branding, Adding Facebook With Its Name
Facebook-owned photo-messaging platform Instagram is testing "tapping" as a replacement of scrolling through posts on the platform, the media reported. The company is testing the tap-to-advance feature to navigate between posts in the Explore section of the app. "We're always testing ways to improve the experience on Instagram and bring you closer to the people and things you love," TechCrunch quoted an Instagram spokesperson as saying on Thursday.
Instagram already uses an auto-advance feature in its "Videos You Might Like" section of Explore, automatically playing the next video when the last one finishes. "As for whether this could come to the main feed, an Instagram spokesperson said it is not something they're actively thinking about right now," the report added.
The tap-to-advance feature was first introduced by Snapchat, reducing the user-effort of repeatedly using thumbstrokes, thus creating a more relaxing browsing experience.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Aamir Khan's Daughter Ira Khan Shares Saturday Night Expectation vs Reality Post
- Watch: Horrifying Video Shows Snake Latching onto Man's Head After He Taunts It
- Happy Daughter’s Day 2019: Meet the Famous Father-Daughter Duo of Bollywood
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes