Instagram Unveils New Logo, New Design for App
The changes also apply to other Instagram apps: Hyperlapse, Layout, and Boomerang.
Instagram's new logo
The popular photo-sharing application Instagram has announced a new design for the app and a new icon.
"Inspired by the previous app icon, the new one represents a simpler camera, and the rainbow lives on in gradient form," Instagram's chief executive, Kevin Systrom, wrote in a blog post. "You've inspired us to update our look by the way you've evolved."
The comments section of Systrom's post includes negative reactions, as is often the case when a popular app makes changes.
The updated Instagram apps for iOS and Android
The company said that the purpose of the new design was to emphasise its users' "global community of interests sharing more than 80 million photos and videos every day."
The changes also apply to other Instagram apps: Hyperlapse for recording and stabilising video, Layout for making collages, and Boomerang for taking a burst of five photos and converting them into a looped video.
New icons for Instagram Layout, Boomerang and Hyperlapse
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Zareen Khan Recounts Casting Couch Horror, Says Director Asked Her to 'Rehearse Kissing Scene'
- Priyanka Chopra Admits Having a Baby With Nick Jonas is on Her 'To-Do-List'
- Here is How Much The Apple iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro And iPhone 11 Pro Max Will Cost
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022