International Women's Day 2019: Idea Launches Mobile Based Safety Service 'Idea Sakhi' For Women
Launched during the International Women’s Week, this service has already been made available to women customers of Idea across Telangana, Assam, North East, Chennai, Kerala, Gujarat, J&K, Maharashtra, Goa, MP, Chhattisgarh and Delhi.
International Women's Day 2019: Idea Launches a Mobile Based Safety Service 'Idea Sakhi' For Women (Image for representation)
To address the increasingly felt, safety-related concerns of women who wish to step out and do more, Idea has designed a mobile based solution, Idea Sakhi. It is a free of cost service available to all women customers using either prepaid or postpaid services of Idea, across the country. Accessible on both smartphones and basic feature phones, Idea Sakhi offers three extremely useful features - Emergency Alerts, Emergency Balance, and Private Number Recharge, the company said in a ststement.
Launched during the International Women’s Week, this service has already been made available to women customers of Idea across AP & Telangana, Assam & North East, TN incl. Chennai, Kerala, Gujarat, J&K, Maharashtra & Goa, MP & Chhattisgarh and Delhi. It will be extended to all 22 circles within this month.
Launching the Idea Sakhi service, Avneesh Khosla, Operations Director - Marketing, Vodafone Idea Ltd. “Technology can help overcome barriers and solve problems in the life of the consumer. With almost half of our population being women, and 59% of them* using a mobile phone, we are in a unique position to extend the benefits of technology for their safety and security. With Idea Sakhi, we are taking forward our long-term commitment of driving inclusion and deploying technology to serve a social purpose.”
Idea Sakhi works on all smartphones and feature phones, and even if the customer does not have any voice or data balance - thus ensuring that the service can be easily accessible to women whenever they need to use it.
Women Customers can register and activate Idea Sakhi in two simple steps:
Step1: Call on a multi-lingual toll-free number 1800-123-100
Step2: Register Emergency Contacts (Friends & Family). Up to 10 mobile numbers can be saved as Emergency Contacts.
A registered Idea Sakhi customer will:
• Receive a 10-digit proxy number, with which she can recharge her connection at any retail store without revealing her actual mobile number.
• Receive 10 minutes of free local/STD calls, 10 SMS and 100MB data when her balance reaches < Re. 1 or if she exhausts her data pack.
To send an Emergency or a Safe Alert, the Sakhi user will need to:
● Give a missed call to 55100 to send an Emergency Alert. A call, flash and SMS with the location and time details of the Sakhi user will be sent to the Emergency Contacts, alerting them.
● Call 55100 and press 2 to send a Safe Alert. SMS with the location and time details of the Sakhi user will be sent to the Emergency Contacts, for assistance.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Acting, Sex are Like Bread and Butter, Says Kartik Aaryan
- #AmbedkarLongLive: Twitter Fondly Remembers BR Ambedkar on His 63rd Death Anniversary
- Vikas Gupta Confirms Entry in Bigg Boss 13 with New Instagram Post?
- Former Mumbai Cricketer Robin Morris Arrested Over Alleged Kidnapping: Report
- I-League 2019-20: NEROCA FC Host Northeast Rivals Aizawl FC in First Home Game