International Yoga Day 2017: Top 5 iOS Yoga Apps You Can't Miss
Here are the top 5 iOS apps that will guide you in your health and fitness journey through the best Yoga practices suitable for you.
Apple iOS 11.3 Update: iPhones to Automatically Send Location to Emergency Services (Image: Siddharth Safaya/ News18.com)
Age-old Indian practice of Yoga is now being celebrated world-over on the International Yoga Day. The practice of keeping oneself fit and healthy through various Yoga asanas and meditation practices are now more prevalent than ever, as people in various parts of the globe turn to Yoga as a simple and efficient way of maintaining good health. On this International Yoga Day, we try to help you pursue your fitness goals with the help of technology that you use every day.
For the same, here are the top 5 iOS apps that will guide you in your health and fitness journey through the best Yoga practices suitable for you.
1. YogaGlo – Yoga and Meditation Classes
YogaGlo allows users to practice Yoga in the comfort of their homes and even while travelling. The YogaGlo iPhone and iPad app is free to download and with YogaGlo membership, users can access over 3,800 classes in a variety of styles, levels and durations. Users can also track their YogaGlo activity on Apple Watch and monitor their heart rate during each practice. Other features of the app include:
- Starting a program: Users can commit to a specific goal to stay focused. The guided programs on YogaGlo are designed to help increase strength, calm and flexibility with an easy-to-follow schedule and an expert guidance from the oboard teachers. Users can select the schedule and level and the app will guide them the rest of the way.
- Follow Yoga Teachers: Apple users can also follow their favourite yoga teachers on YogaGlo to get updates on their latest classes and new programs.
- Curated Yoga and meditation collections: The curated collections on the app are designed to help users find yoga classes for their specific interests.
- YogaGlo offers curation tools that allow users to browse, search and filter the entire library of yoga and meditation classes by time, level, focus or teacher.
- Yoga on the go: Users can also download yoga classes to be viewed offline when there is no internet connection.
- Track activity with Health app and Apple Watch: YogaGlo users can start and stop YogaGlo classes with their Apple Watch, track exercise duration, and monitor heart rate during each practice.
2. Breathe App
The Breathe app guides users through a series of deep breaths, and also reminds them to take time out to breathe every day. Users can choose how long they want to breathe and then let the animation and gentle taps help them focus.
When users use the Breathe app, their watch mutes some notifications, so as to minimise distractions. If users answer a call or move too much during a session, the session ends automatically, and they won’t get credit.
When users open the Breathe app to start a new session, they can turn the Digital Crown to set the session's duration. The app also lets users select a particular duration of breathing as default, as per their liking.
Breathe app is integrated with Health app to let users track their sessions. Moreover, users can keep track of how many times they have used the Breathe app on a specific day. Breathe sessions, however, do not show up in the Activity app on Apple Watch or iPhone.
Watch Video: The Tech And Auto Show - Episode 2
3. FitStar Yoga
FitStar Yoga has teamed up with internationally recognised yoga expert Tara Stiles. From beginners to expert yogis, FitStar Yoga can be used by users to begin practising Yoga practically anywhere. FitStar Yoga's dynamic sessions continually personalise the experience based on user feedback, goals, and capabilities - aimed to be like a personal yoga instructor. Also, FitStar constantly brings new Yoga poses in its updates.
Other FitStar Yoga features include:
- Dynamic HD video shows for guidance on the poses while Strala Yoga founder Tara Stiles provides guidance
- Users can select duration and intensity of each session
- The app includes custom audio tracks and streaming music support to keep users moving at their own beat
- The app comes with AppleTV support, letting users view the workouts on a big screen, while the iPhone or iPad become a remote control for workouts
- Users can track progress and milestones with achievements, unlocking new poses and badges as they improve.
- The app also lets users connect thier Fitbit, Jawbone UP, or MyFitnessPal account to automatically sync weight and consolidate their fitness activity
- The app is integrated with Health app to track calories burned and workouts, thus doubling up as an overall Health dashboard.
Also read: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Set For August Launch
4. Asana Rebel - Yoga Inspired Fitness
Asana Rebel is a Yoga Inspired Fitness app that focusses on women and aims to direct them towards a healthier lifestyle. The app is driven by three things:
- Yoga inspired Fitness: The app mixes traditional yoga with interval training to give users a strong, toned body, increased energy, removal of excess fat and provide mental rlelaxation.
- Coach: the app comes with a digital personal trainer that is aimed to motivate, encourage and personalise the fitness goals for the users.
- The app also gets Apple Health compatibility which reports the number of calories burned and informs about the weight and yoga workouts
- Additional support for iMessage is also provided so users can share their completed workouts with family and friends.
Zova is the simple way for users to track and improve fitness. Zova combines all the user's workouts into a simple score, making it easier to know user's activeness quotient.
- Zova Score: Zova Score combines workouts which the users log, track or stream into a simple score.
- Stream Workouts: Zova offers ten-minute workouts for any body area.
- Run & Walk Tracking: key stats like distance, pace, speed and calories burned, as well as an interactive map of every run or walk is also displayed by the app.
- Workout Logging: Zova lets users keep track of all their workouts with effortless logging.
- Flexibility – The flexibility workouts offered by Zova combine classic yoga poses with deep stretches.
- #fitface – Zova also lets users take, decorate then share workout selfies to their Instagram or Snapchat story.
- Smart Trainer – Zova appoints smart trainer by the name of Zara that helps users.
- Zova app is integrated with Apple Watch, Apple Music, Apple TV and Siri for a perfect workout combination.
Recommended For You
- India A Slump to Narrow Defeat Against West Indies A in Fourth Unofficial ODI
- Arbaaz Khan on Divorce from Malaika Arora: This Doesn't Mean We Will Hate Each Other
- WWE Star Triple H Has a Special Gift for the Cricket World Cup Winning Team England
- PUBG Mobile: Here are Top Five Features Added With Season 8
- Dhoni Should be Informed by Selectors About Their Plans: Sehwag