Internet Had 330.7 Mn Domain Names in Q3 of 2017
The .com and .net TLDs had a combined total of approximately 145.8 million domain name registrations in the domain name base in the third quarter.
Photo for representation.
Global leader in domain names and Internet security VeriSign on Thursday announced that the third quarter of 2017 saw approximately 330.7 million domain name registrations across all top-level domains (TLDs) -- a decrease of approximately 1.2 million domain name registrations from the previous quarter. Domain name registrations, however, have grown by 1.1 percent year over year (YoY), the company said in a statement.
The .com and .net TLDs had a combined total of approximately 145.8 million domain name registrations in the domain name base in the third quarter. "This represents a 1.2 percent increase YoY. As of September 30, the .com domain name base totalled 130.8 million domain name registrations, while the .net domain name base totalled 15.0 million domain name registrations," the company added.
New .com and .net domain name registrations totalled 8.9 million during the third quarter of 2017. In the third quarter of 2016, new .com and .net domain name registrations totalled 8.3 million.
Don't Miss: Tech and Auto Show | Ep 24 | Honor 7X, TVS Apache RR 310, Volvo XC60 & More
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Lands Today, Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- Soni Razdan and Mukesh Bhatt React to Fake Wedding Card of Alia and Ranbir Kapoor
- Mozilla Firefox 70 Turns The Tables And Now You Can Track What is Tracking You
- Apple Watch Saves Another Life; This Time a Man Who Fell Off a Cliff And Broke His Back
- India vs South Africa | Happy to Make Teams Dance to Our Tunes: Shami