iOS Users Can Now Follow Their Favourite Places on Google Maps
Users can search for a place - whether it's a new restaurant that just opened up in the neighbourhood or that must-try bakery across town - and tap the "Follow" button.
iOS Users Can Now Follow Their Favourite Places on Google Maps (photo for representation, image: Reuters)
Apple users will now be able to stay up to date on their favourite places right from the Google Maps app on iOS, the Internet giant has announced. Users can search for a place - whether it's a new restaurant that just opened up in the neighbourhood or that must-try bakery across town - and tap the "Follow" button.
"You'll then be able to see important updates from these places in your 'For You' tab so you can quickly learn about upcoming events, offers and more," Andrew Cooper, Product Manager, Google Maps, wrote in a blog post late on Wednesday.
"And now, places and businesses all over the world can see their followers in the Google 'My Business' app, and actively post helpful information for their followers to see. The 'Follow' button starts rolling out on iOS today," Cooper added. This Google Maps feature was initially rolled out for Android devices in October 2018.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Motorola TV With Android TV 9.0 Launched: Price, Features, and More
- BSNL Rs 777 Broadband Plan Gets You 50 Mbps Speed And 500GB Data
- Sara Ali Khan Gets Papped Outside Rumoured Boyfriend Kartik Aaryan's House
- A Pakistani Pop-Singer is Facing Legal Action for Threatening PM Modi with Snakes
- UK Clothing Brand Trolled for Trying to Sell Indian-Style Kurta as 'Vintage Boho Dress'