Is OnePlus Replacing Dash Charge With Warp Charge?
OnePlus had earlier began to phase out the term ‘Dash Charge’ due to a rejected trademark application in the EU.
OnePlus Dash Charge Bundle. (Image: techbug.my)
Ever since the launch of the OnePlus 3, the company has made its ‘Dash Charge’ available to its customers. The charging technology claims to give a whole day’s worth of battery with a charge of 30 minutes. According to a report by XDA Developers, OnePlus has now filed a trademark for ‘Warp Charge’ which will most likely cover data cables, power adapters, wireless charges and more. The trademark has been filed at the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
Currently, the application for the trademark of ‘Warp Charge’ is said to be ‘under examination’ by the authorities in charge of the proceedings. OnePlus had earlier began to phase out the term ‘Dash Charge’ due to a rejected trademark application in the EU. The ‘Dash Charge’ was adjudged to bear similarity to Bragi’s ‘The Dash Pro’ and Amazon’s ‘Dash Replenishment’. Due to this development, OnePlus was unable to own the ‘Dash Charge’ trademark in the EU. OnePlus would be able to use this new trademark only once it is accepted by authorities which, in all probability, should be followed by an official announcement by OnePlus.
Watch: Samsung Galaxy J6 Review: Competent Performer at a Price of Rs 13,990
Recommended For You
- Amazon beauty presents Vanity Diaries | Episode 3- Discover Tamannaah’s Love For Bling And Everything In Between
- 'Virat Kohli' is a TikTok Star and No We aren't Talking About Team India Captain
- Netflix Hopes a More Affordable Subscription Plan For India is The Winning Ticket
- Netflix Set to Roll Out a More Affordable Subscription Plan For India; Could be Priced Around Rs 300
- Instagram is Now Hiding Likes on Photos in More Countries; No Point Buying Likes And Views Anymore