Jet Airways Launches UPI-based Online Ticket Booking
UPI is one of the various measures by the RBI towards a less-cash and a more digital society.
File photo of Jet Airways.
Private carrier Jet Airways fliers can now buy tickets online, using the industry's latest payment mechanism, Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
The move makes the city-headquartered airline the only domestic carrier providing its customers with this convenient payment solution.
The UPI allows money to be transferred instantaneously between any two bank accounts instantly, using a smartphone.
"Our latest payment interface - Unified Payments Interface (UPI), backed by leading banks is yet another smart solution that is simple, convenient and secure," Jet Airways Chief Commercial Officer Jayaraj Shanmugam said.
Launched by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), UPI is one of the various measures by the RBI towards a less-cash and a more digital society.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Realme X2 Pro With 64-Megapixel Quad Camera, Snapdragon 855+ Launched at Rs 29,999
- Parth Samthaan Denies Dating Erica Fernandes, Says 'Not Aware of These Rumours'
- Amazon Echo Flex Could Just be The Most Versatile Alexa Implementation in Your Home
- You Can Now Own an Original Picasso Painting For Less Than Rs 8,000
- Tottenham Hotspur Sack Manager Mauricio Pochettino, Jose Mourinho Linked to the Job