Jio Launches VoLTE-Based India-Japan Roaming Services
Jio is the first Indian telecom operator to provide international roaming services based on Voice Over LTE in the country.
Jio Launches VoLTE-Based India-Japan Roaming Services (photo for representation)
Reliance Jio on Tuesday launched VoLTE-based inbound international roaming services between India and Japan, based on services. Jio is the first Indian telecom operator to provide international roaming services based on Voice Over LTE in the country.
"Japan-based KDDI Corporation is the first international mobile service provider to avail of Jio's VoLTE calling and LTE data international roaming service which provides international travellers with access to high-speed data and voice services on Jio's all-IP, 4G-exclusive network," Jio said in a statement.
It further said that the arrangement would help international travellers to experience Jio's all-IP network. Jio is the ninth largest mobile operator in the world with over 252 million subscribers so far, it said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Has Your OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro Received The Android 10 Update?
- Happy Daughter’s Day 2019: Meet the Famous Father-Daughter Duo of Bollywood
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes