JioPhone Bookings: How to Book a Slot and Buy The Reliance Jio Phone
The Reliance Jio Phone will be available on first-come-first-served basis to only those who will pre-book the device.
Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani introducing the JioPhone. 'India ka intelligent' smartphone. at the AGM.
Since the time RIL Chairman Mukesh Ambani has announced the new Jio Phone dubbed as “India ka smartphone”, citizens are curious to know the process to book and buy one. Reliance Jio has now updated their website with a “Keep me posted” form to help people buy the new Jio Phone. It seems the company will book a time slot for an interested buyer to visit the nearest store to get a Jio Phone and Jio connection.
The company has announced that the pre-bookings for the Jio Phone will start from August 24. The handset will be available on first-come-first-served basis to only those who will pre-book the device beforehand, in September. The Jio Phone will be also made available to beta testers starting August 15.
So, what can you do now?
Visit Jio.com and fill in this form by entering your Name, email and phone number to register your interest to buy the device. An email and SMS notification will be sent to you to confirm the same.
The notification sent by Team Jio via email:
Greetings from Jio!
Thank you for your interest in Jio services.
As we are in the process of fulfilling existing demand, we will contact you at the earliest for booking your slot.
• Weekday (Monday to Friday) – 5.30 pm to 9.00 pm
• Weekend (Saturday & Sunday) – 1.00 pm to 4.30 pm and 5.30 pm to 9.00 pm
Kindly inform all applicants to keep the following ready for easy activation of Jio connection:
• Local Aadhaar Card (to enable instant eKYC based activation)
• 4G enabled handset click here
• Download MyJio App and generate Jio Welcome Offer code click here
Don't Miss: Apple iPad Pro Review
The sale of Jio Phone is scheduled to begin from September while the a specific date is yet to be announced. The Jio Phone with an effective cost of Rs 0 can be purchased by paying a security deposit of Rs 1,500. This amount is refundable after three years after the handset is returned (in working condition). Users can avail free calls, SMS, unlimited data and access to Jio apps for as little as Rs 153 per month with subscription to Jio DDD plans. You also have the option to go for sachets at Rs 54 (valid for a week) and Rs 24 (valid for 2 days).
(Disclaimer: News18.com is part of Network18 Media & Investment Limited which is owned by Reliance Industries Limited).
WATCH VIDEO: Samsung Galaxy S8 Top 5 Features
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Area 51 Raid: Here's How Many People Turned Up, and What Really Happened
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough
- I Went to the Future, in a Hotel Where My Butler to Bartender - Were Robots
- Your Apple iPhone And iPad Will Get iOS 13.1 And iPadOS Sooner Than Expected