With that, it's a wrap from RIL's 2020 AGM. The key announcements were:
1. Jio 5G – India's first 5G network;
2. Google's investment for a 7.7% stake in Jio Platforms;
3. Google-Jio joint venture to develop an Android-based platform for an affordable 5G phone;
4. Expansion of JioMeet for edu-tech and healthcare technology applications;
5. Expansion of JioMart into more cities, use of WhatsApp as platform;
6. JioGlass as an affordable mixed reality headset for various commercial applications.
That's it from us. For more extensive coverage, head to News18.com. Have a good day.
AFFORDABLE 5G PHONES | Reliance Jio To Push Affordable 5G Smartphones In India, With Google Partnership On Board
INDIA'S 1ST 5G NETWORK | Reliance Jio Announces Home-Grown 5G Solution, To Arrive in 2021
STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP | Google Is Investing Rs 33,737 Crore in Jio Platforms: Everything You Need To Know
Isha Ambani now highlights JioMart as a highly powerful tool to empower offline kirana stores, in partnership with Reliance's strong retail network. Speaks about how its beta pilot programme in 200 cities has received a massively positive feedback. Speaks about converting traditional kirana stores into online grocery outlets within 40 minutes.
With JioMeet and Jio Glass, Jio Platforms is bringing forth an immersive online education platform, with online collaboration and mixed reality visuals. JioMeet is being developed as a highly specialised edu-tech platform, to set a new precedent in India's online education ecosystem. Isha Ambani demonstrates collaborative digital education, and highlights teacher empowerment as a key aspect that JioMeet will enable.
BIG | Jio 5G services will pave the way for how India uses the internet. Key points:
1. Jio has designed and developed a complete 5G solution from scratch
2. The made-in-India technology can be deployed and launched in a years’ time once spectrum is available.
3. Jio can easily upgrade its 4G network to 5G , since it is all-IP network architecture
4. Once it is proven in India, Jio Platforms would be well positioned to be an exporter of 5G solutions to other telecom operators globally, as a complete managed service.
Google will invest Rs33,737 crore for a 7.8% stake in Jio Platforms Limited. This is not just a financial but a strategic investment by the Internet giant. Thus, JPL has now four strategic partners Facebook, Intel, Qualcomm and Google. It has also six most admired technology and financial investors and three sovereign funds, taking the total tally of investors to 14. Total funds raised is Rs1,52,056 crore. The four strategic partners besides bringing in cash are also going to play a strategic role in shaping the future of Jio.
JioMeet, on which today's AGM is being hosted alongside other platforms, is fast growing as one of India's very best video conferencing services. With VC services playing key roles in our lives right now, here's a low-down on how you can make the most of JioMeet to host and schedule conferences.