- Municipal Corporations 9/10
- TRS 8
- INC 0
- BJP 1
- AIMIM 0
- OTH 0
- MUNICIPALITIES 115/120
- TRS 97
- INC 9
- BJP 3
- AIMIM 2
- OTH 4
Kindle Oasis: 8 Things You Should Know about the 8th Generation E-reader from Amazon
The Kindle Oasis is the most expensive Kindle till date. It will be available in India at a price of Rs 23,999.
Kindle Oasis: Oasis is 30 per cent thinner on average and over 20 per cent lighter than any other Kindle. The device comes with dual-battery charging system -- one in the e-reader and another in its cover -- which lets one read for months without charging the device again. Price: Rs 23,999
Amazon announced a new high-end Kindle e-reader - the Kindle Oasis - on Wednesday, aiming to win over readers with a thin, light device despite a trend toward multi-use tablets. Here are 8 things that you need to know about the eighth generation e-reader from Amazon.
1. The Kindle Oasis is the most expensive Kindle till date. It will be available in India at a price of Rs 23,999.
2. The Oasis weighs in at just 130 grams and is 3.4 millimeters at its thinnest point, or 30 per cent thinner on average and over 20 per cent lighter than any other Kindle.
3. It features two batteries — one in the e-reader and another in its cover — which together stretch the battery life to 9 weeks of "regular" reading (30 minutes a day by Amazon's definition) or months on standby. The Oasis and its cover charge simultaneously via one port.
4. The Oasis also asymmetrical, with a grip on one side for one-handed reading (Lefties can just flip the device over). The Oasis shifts the centre of gravity to your palm.
5. Like previous Kindles, the Oasis features a black-and-white screen designed to make reading easier. The Kindle Oasis features a new 300 ppi Paperwhite display. The redesigned built-in front light in the Oasis features 60% more LEDs than any other kindle display.
6. A new hibernation mode in the Oasis minimises power consumption when the device is inactive.
7. The included charging cover is made leather and is available in black, merlot, or walnut. The cover opens like a book and fits around the bezel, waking Kindle Oasis when opened and putting it to sleep when closed. Twelve magnets form attach the device and cover.
8. You might wonder why Amazon keeps making more expensive Kindles, given that they do a lot less than the average tablet. In essence, they're intended to keep a demanding bunch happy.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sejal Sharma's Suicide Note States Nobody Should be Blamed for Death, Friends Hint at Depression
- In 10 Years, Has Shraddha Kapoor Established Herself as a Powerful Performer in Bollywood??
- WhatsApp Beta New Update Tests Animated Stickers, Self Destructing Messages
- I Feel Sick: Roger Federer's Thrilling 5-set Australian Open Win Leaves Everyone Breathless
- Coronavirus Death Toll Spikes: This Realtime Map Tracks Spread of Virus Around The World