1. The Kindle Oasis is the most expensive Kindle till date. It will be available in India at a price of Rs 23,999.
2. The Oasis weighs in at just 130 grams and is 3.4 millimeters at its thinnest point, or 30 per cent thinner on average and over 20 per cent lighter than any other Kindle.
3. It features two batteries — one in the e-reader and another in its cover — which together stretch the battery life to 9 weeks of "regular" reading (30 minutes a day by Amazon's definition) or months on standby. The Oasis and its cover charge simultaneously via one port.
4. The Oasis also asymmetrical, with a grip on one side for one-handed reading (Lefties can just flip the device over). The Oasis shifts the centre of gravity to your palm.
5. Like previous Kindles, the Oasis features a black-and-white screen designed to make reading easier. The Kindle Oasis features a new 300 ppi Paperwhite display. The redesigned built-in front light in the Oasis features 60% more LEDs than any other kindle display.
6. A new hibernation mode in the Oasis minimises power consumption when the device is inactive.
7. The included charging cover is made leather and is available in black, merlot, or walnut. The cover opens like a book and fits around the bezel, waking Kindle Oasis when opened and putting it to sleep when closed. Twelve magnets form attach the device and cover.
8. You might wonder why Amazon keeps making more expensive Kindles, given that they do a lot less than the average tablet. In essence, they're intended to keep a demanding bunch happy.