LeEco Unit Leshi Scraps Plans to Issue Bonds
In May, LeEco said it will cut over 300 jobs at its US business, amounting to almost three-quarters of its local workforce.
In May, LeEco said it will cut over 300 jobs at its US business, amounting to almost three-quarters of its local workforce. (Photo: Reuters)
Leshi Internet Information & Technology, a listed unit of Chinese conglomerate LeEco, has scrapped plans to issue CNY 2 billion ($294 million) worth of bonds.
Leshi Internet Information & Technology Corp Beijing's update on its bond issue plans were posted on the Shenzhen stock exchange website, with no reason given for the cancellation.
In its prospectus issued in September last year, Leshi said proceeds of the bonds, with maturities of up to five years, would be used to boost the company's working capital.
Company executives were not immediately available for comment.
Leshi's parent LeEco, founded by Chinese entrepreneur Jia Yueting, has been suffering a cash crunch due to its heady expansion from video streaming to TV sets, smartphones, sports and even electric vehicles in a little over a decade.
In May, LeEco said it will cut over 300 jobs at its US business, amounting to almost three-quarters of its local workforce, as it streamlined global operations in response to a shortage of cash.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Denies Joining Politics, Says Her Focus is and Only Will be Movies
- Nissan Kicks Compact SUV Launch Live: Price, Details, Specifications and Features
- Upcoming Tata Merlin LSV for Indian Army Can Make the Safari Storme Look Tiny
- France Fines Google €50 Million For Violating Data Privacy Rules As Defined by The GDPR
- Margrethe Vestager, Silicon Valley's Nemesis at EU, to Lay Out Long Term Plan to Scrutinise Tech Companies
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s