Mark Zuckerberg Sold More Than $1 Billion Facebook Stocks Last Year
He is selling stock to fund the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, his philanthropic investment vehicle.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg is seen on stage during a town hall at Facebook's headquarters in Menlo Park, California September 27, 2015. (REUTERS/Stephen Lam/File Photo)
Facebook recently released its annual proxy statement, according to which Mark Zukerbeg has sold more than $1 billion worth of Facebook stock in the past year. He's been doing that to help fund his new philanthropic investment vehicle, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative.
According to the filing, Zuckerberg now has about 9.6 million fewer shares at the end of March than he did one year ago. Those shares would be valued at more than $1.3 billion based on Facebook’s closing share price on Friday according to a report by recode.
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is a philanthropic investment vehicle that Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla Chan announced in late 2015 after the birth of their daughter.
The couple’s first major endeavour is a $3 billion commitment over the next decade to fund research to try and cure all diseases.
Despite his big stock sale, Zuckerberg still controls 59.7 percent of Facebook’s voting power. And Mark Zuckerberg according to Forbes has a present net worth at more than $58 billion.
Watch: Nokia 3310 Drop Test
Recommended For You
- First Pictures of Shweta Bachchan Nanda's Screen Debut With Father Big B Will Melt Your Hearts
- Women's IPL: Lukewarm Response Overshadows Supernovas' Thrilling Victory
- BCCI vs CoA: Battle Heats Up as Officials Accuse Committee of Obstructing Lodha Reforms
- Bigg Boss: When Does Season 12 Premiere, Is Salman Khan Returning to Hosting Duties?
- Samsung Galaxy A6+ First Impressions Review: A Complete Package