Micromax to Add Corning Gorilla Glass Protection on Affordable Smartphones
Upcoming Micromax Vdeo smartphones to have Corning Gorilla Glass protection.
Upcoming Micromax Vdeo smartphones to have Corning Gorilla Glass protection. (Representative image: Corning Incorporated)
Corning Incorporated today announced that it has collaborated with Micromax for its Vdeo smartphones, designed for the “value-segment” consumer.
“The recently launched devices are among the first across India’s mobile phone entry segment to incorporate Corning Gorilla Glass to help protect against damage,” said Corning in a release.
“Value-segment smartphone customers typically spend a significant portion of their income buying a device,” said John Bayne, vice president and general manager, Corning Gorilla Glass. “Many of these first-time smartphone users simply cannot afford to repair or to replace a damaged device. That’s why it’s essential to protect these devices with a material such as tough, damage-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass.”
A recent consumer poll conducted in India, which is the second largest smartphone market in the world, highlights the needs of India’s critical value-segment smartphone category predominantly serviced by devices ranging in price from Rs 5,000 to Rs 10,000 ($75 to $150).
Recommended For You
- All is not Well Between Alia Bhatt and Beau Ranbir Kapoor? The Actress Answers
- Australian Couple Grows Human-Sized Cabbage After 9 Months of Hard Work, Eats Coleslaw for Two Weeks
- HP Spectre x360 13 Review: When A Good Windows Convertible Evolves Into a True Great
- TRAI’s New Rules For Cable And DTH: Dishtv, Sun Direct and Tata Sky Try to Reduce NCF Burden on Subscribers
- 'Who Released JeM Chief?' Sidhu Reminds BJP of Kandahar After Drawing Flak for Pulwama Comments
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s