Microsoft Discontinues The Original Xbox One in US: Reports
The original Xbox One is listed as "sold out" on the Microsoft Store and does not show up in searches for Xbox systems.
Microsoft Targets Video Game Developers, in Challenge to Amazon's Cloud Dominance (image: Reuters)
Software giant Microsoft has stopped selling its original Xbox One in the US, reports said on Saturday. The original Xbox One is listed as "sold out" on the Microsoft Store and does not show up in searches for Xbox systems. Microsoft had introduced the original Xbox One console nearly four years ago.
It seems the original version of the console that launched in November 2013 has finally been retired; All hail the slimmer S and souped-up X versions, says a report in Engadget. The original Xbox One looked similar to a VCR unit and cost $100 more than Sony's PlayStation 4 (PS4).
The software giant focused on better hardware and introduced the Xbox One X in June, with ultra high-resolution 4K capabilities and a processor with liquid-cooling technology, claiming that it is the most powerful game console to date.
The hardware of Microsoft One X console is competing against its latest rival, the Sony PlayStation 4 Pro, with its cutting edge graphics processing features like six-teraflop GPU and 12 GB of GDDR5 RAM.
Watch Video: Lonewolf Game Review | A First-Person Sniper Game You Just Can't Miss
Recommended For You
- Jasleen Matharu Reportedly Files FIR Against Deepak Thakur, Ranveer Singh Goes on a Selfie Spree at ICC World Cup
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Launched With BS-VI Spec Petrol Engine at Rs 5.14 Lakh
- Angelina Jolie And Keanu Reeves Dating, Claim Reports
- Taylor Swift Flaunts Ring Worth USD 15,000 & Other Blingy Accessories in 'You Need to Calm Down'
- OnePlus 7 Pro 5G Belatedly Gets the Oxygen OS 9.5.4 Update With Bug Fixes And Improvements
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s