Microsoft Reveals Porsche 911 GT2 RS at E3 2017
Although Porsche is yet to reveal full specs for this new model, the Porsche 911 GT2 RS broke cover at the E3 video games show in LA.
Forza Motorsport 7. Representative Image. (Image: AFP Relaxnews)
Microsoft unveiled the new Porsche 911 GT2 RS -- the star of the IT giant's "Forza Motorsport 7" video game -- at its press conference ahead of this year's E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo), which runs June 13-15, 2017, in Los Angeles.
Although Porsche is yet to reveal full specs for this new model, the Porsche 911 GT2 RS broke cover at the E3 video games show in LA. Expected on the road in 2018, the first sighting of this car reveals sporty styling with large vents at the front, spectacular brake calipers and a prominent rear wing. Its 3.8-liter twin-turbo engine promises almost 700Hp (compared to 620Hp for the current version) and 0-200km/h acceleration in around nine seconds, both on the test track and in the video game.
Porsche is expected to announce further specs for the new 911 GT2 RS this summer, before its official public presentation at the Frankfurt Motor Show in Germany, September 14-24, 2017.
"Forza Motorsport 7" will be available from October 3, 2017, for Xbox One consoles and Windows 10 PCs. Gamers will be able to get behind the wheel of more than 700 cars, enjoying 4K resolution (at 60 frames per second) on the upcoming Xbox One X console.
Watch The Tech And Auto Show: Episode 2
Recommended For You
- Hima Das Wins Fifth Gold of the Month as She Returns to 400m Event
- Sophie Turner, Joe Jonas Give the Biggest Shout-out to Priyanka Chopra Jonas on Her Birthday
- Arbaaz Khan on Divorce from Malaika Arora: This Doesn't Mean We Will Hate Each Other
- Will Ravi Shastri Continue As India’s Head Coach?
- Reliance Jio Q1 Results: Users Consume More Data Per Month as Jio Overtakes Airtel