Modi Launches Digitised System for Apex Court to Go Paperless
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday launched the Integrated Case Management Information System (ICMIS) to help the apex court go paperless.
File Photo of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Initiating the digital era in the Indian judiciary, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday launched the Integrated Case Management Information System (ICMIS) to help the apex court go paperless.
ICMIS helps with the digital filing of the cases called e-filing and enables litigants to easily access the information online.
The Prime Minister uploaded the ICMIS on the Supreme Court's website, in a function marked at Vigyan Bhawan in the presence of Chief Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar and Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad.
Stressing upon the need of using technology for improving the justice delivery system of India, Justice Khehar said that e-filing was the best that has happened till now to the system.
"This has given lawyers an option to e-file, they need not come to the registry, they can file the case from their offices. E-filing is the best that has happened till now. We are improving that... I think it will be a great environmental help as well," the Chief Justice said.
Saying that the judiciary needed technology to ease the working environment of court and to tackle the huge number of cases, Khehar added that all the high courts and district courts must also use this system.
"I've spoken about filing in the SC and the introduction of this system for SC, I propose to take this system to all HCs and then all District Courts," he said.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Mi 6X vs Nokia X6: Which One Should You Wait For?
- Donald Trump Says 'Lobbying' Against USA's 2026 World Cup Bid Would be Shameful
- As Sonam Kapoor-Anand Ahuja Wedding Rumours Take Flight, Here's What The Actor Has To Say On Her Idea of Marriage
- iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus Product Red Available in India Today At Rs 67,490: Here's All You Need To Know
- Nintendo Switch Console Sales Reach 17.79 Million Units in First Year