Shares in Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) have raced to a seven-year high, boosted by its recent announcement to soon start charging for data services offered by its Jio 4G mobile services that have notched up 100 million customers in just 170 days since launch.
As Jio’s end-to-end LTE solutions partner, it is a great pleasure for Samsung to contribute to Jio’s tremendous success. The massive deployment of over a million cells across India is especially remarkable. We will strive to create new paradigms for LTE-Advanced Pro and 5G by closely cooperating with Jio as a unified workforce," said Youngky Kim, President and Head of Networks Business at Samsung Electronics.
Reliance Jio AAE-1 Submarine Cable System brings up to 40 Terabits of new capacity to the region. (Representative image: News18.com/ Siddhartha Sharma)
Also read: Reliance Jio to Offer 20% More Data than Competitors' Best Selling Plans, for the Same Price
RIL Chairman Mukesh Ambani on Tuesday announced that Jio Infocomm Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of RIL and one of its biggest bets entailing an investment of around Rs 200,000 lakh crore, will start charging customers for its 4G data services starting April 1. He also said that Jio will offer 20% more data than its competitors on their best-selling plans.
(Follow MWC 2017 Full Coverage Here)
Here are live updates from the joint press conference of Samsung and Reliance Jio from MWC 2017, Barcelona.
Watch Live: Srinivasan from Samsung Electronics on 5G post Jio and Samsung Joint announcement
(Disclaimer: News18.com is part of Network18 Media & Investment Limited which is owned by Reliance Industries Limited that also owns Reliance Jio)
Recommended For You
- Here's a Sneak Peek Into 'The Family Man' Season 2, Watch Video
- 'Singam, is That You?': Dhoni Rocks a New Beard Look in IPL 2020 and Fans Can't Keep Calm
- Actress Dipika Kakar Gets Injured, Informs Fans on Instagram With This Picture
- Apple iMac 27-inch (2020) Review: If This Is The End Of An Era, It Is All About Power And Style
- IPL 2020: CSK vs MI in Memes - From Faf du Plessis' Catches to Sam Curran's All-Round Show