Nasscom Expects 8-10% Industry Growth in FY18
Software services industry lobby Nasscom has said it expects the sector to grow at 8-10% next financial year.
Representative image (Picture courtesy: Twitter)
Software services industry lobby Nasscom has said it expects the sector to grow at 8-10% next financial year but added that a clearer picture will emerge only over the next two to three months.
"We gave the projection to media last November. Now between November and February...now March, not much has changed that I can change my projection. So, I have given the projection on behalf of Nasscom that the growth will be 8 to 10%," Nasscom chairman CP Gurnani told reporters.
"All I am saying is that we will wait till the fourth quarter results, after which we will have a better understanding of primary data. As soon as we get that, we compile it and will comeback to you in May with our forecast," the Tech Mahindra chief executive said.
At the Nasscom leadership forum in the middle of last month, where the industry traditionally used to give out its growth forecast, the industry lobby delayed its estimate to May citing the many emerging headwinds.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Amitabh Bachchan: I'm Alive Today Because of Bal Thackeray
- Yamaha Motorcycles India Launches Updated FZ-Series, FZ25 and Fazer-25, Prices Start at Rs 95,000
- Stephen Fry Just Spotted 'Adarsh Balak' Poster at His Doctor's Office, and Desi Twitter Has Lost it
- PUBG Mobile's Zombies Mode Will Roll-Out in January 2019 Says Tencent Games
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale: Discounts on Apple iPad Pro, Samsung Galaxy S9+, Nokia 6.1 Plus And More
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s