National Flag Protest: Oppo India Acknowledges 'Incident', Deeply Regrets it
Oppo India has announced that it will take appropriate action against the Chinese employee who reportedly tore the Indian national flag and dumped it in a dustbin.
The incident attracted huge protests at the Noida Sector 63 facility.(Image: Reuters)
Chinese telecom player Oppo India has announced that it will take appropriate action against the Chinese employee who reportedly tore the Indian national flag and dumped it in a dustbin. “We deeply regret this unfortunate incident and are extending all our co-operation to the concerned authorities and will take appropriate action,” said the company in a release.
The incident attracted huge protests at the Noida Sector 63 facility. Even Oppo India employees have joined the protest against the Chinese employee who is a production manager in the facility and three of them have officially complained against him.
Over 200 police personnel were deployed to bring the situation under control. A case has been filed by the police against the Chinese employee.
In its defence the company said, “We at OPPO India are paying serious attention to this issue. OPPO as a brand has deep respect for India and is strongly rooted as well as localized in the country and 99% of our employees are Indians. We will update if there are any further developments.”
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh Look Happy and Radiant in These Wedding Pictures: See Here
- Disheartened by Thugs of Hindostan’s Poor Box Office Run, Exhibitors Demand Refund
- WATCH | Sunil Chhetri Calls for Reworked Allocation of AFC Cup Slots
- Twitter Boss Jack Dorsey's 'Smash Brahmanical Patriarchy' Placard Ticks Off Twitterati
- Bigg Boss 12: Karanvir Bohra Feels Left Out after Dipika Kakar, Sreesanth Team Up to Save Themselves From Nominations