9 Reasons to Buy The Honor 9 Lite
The latest Honor smartphone has ample features to flaunt and all at a budget of Rs 10,999. Here are 9 reasons why the Honor 9 Lite stands out from the crowd.
Honor Announces Discounts And Cashback Offers on Honor Store Second Anniversery Sale (Image: News18.com)
Honor announced its latest budget offering in the country by the name of Honor 9 Lite earlier in January. The latest Honor smartphone boasts of everything a phone at its price tag of Rs 10,999 could offer and even more. For those unaware, the Honor 9 Lite comes with a quad camera setup, with a dual-lens camera setup at the back and a similar setup at the front. This is complemented by an all-glass body, Huawei’s own processor and ample of memory offering.
Set to go on a flash sale tomorrow, here we have a look at nine reasons why the Honor 9 Lite stands apart from its competition at its price point and its features which make it arguably the best budget buy this season.
1. All-Glass Finish – There have been numerous smartphones in the market now which sport an all-glass finish. How is Honor 9 Lite different? Well, firstly, most of the aforementioned devices lie in the high-price segment, while Honor 9 Lite offers that in a budget.
The unibody design is sleek and has a great visual appeal. Being a budget device, it is easily able to carry an elegance that only a few smartphones can boast of.
2. PPVD Technology – It is not exactly easy for smartphones to carry such a finish. One primary reason are the regular fingerprint smudges that such a glass body is accustomed to. Honor has surprisingly taken care of this in an efficient way. The company claims to have used PPVD technology on the build of the Honor 9 Lite, which prevents any such fingerprint smudges and boy does it work!
3. Display – Honor 9 Lite features a 5.65-inch Full HD+ FullView display with an 18:9 aspect ratio. If this is not enough, the resolution offered by the display is a whopping 2160x1080 pixels, quite possibly the highest at this price tag. This undoubtedly makes the Honor 9 Lite a treat for the movie buffs.
4. Processor – Honor 9 Lite is powered by Honor's own HiSilicon Kirin 659 octa-core SoC, with four cores clocked at 2.36 GHz and the other four at 1.7GHz. The company claims to have improved the system response rate by a factor of 65 percent and ensure 50 percent smoother operations on the Honor 9 Lite through its 16nm octa-core CPU. Bottomline, the user experience is enhanced with the powerful performance of the smartphone.
5. Dual Primary Camera – Honor 9 Lite features a dual lens camera setup at the back, with one 13-megapixel primary lens and a 2-megapixel secondary lens. In addition, the primary camera also features PDAF, Fast Focus as well as an LED Flash. Cumulatively, the primary camera on the Honor 9 Lite is sure to enthral photography enthusiasts with its features, which are surprisingly missed out on even the most sold smartphones in this budget segment.
6. Dual Selfie Camera – Honor seems to have made no distinction between the device’s front and rear cameras. The selfie shooters on the Honor 9 Lite carry the very same configuration as on the rear cameras, a 13-megapixel lens along with a 2-megapixel lens for a depth effect. A big bonus as users can now get a Bokeh effect on their selfies as well. Keep in mind that the selfies cameras are the ‘turn off’ part of many smartphones in this budget.
7. Android Oreo-based UI – Honor has not waited to bring the latest Android experience to its users, even in its budget offering. The Honor 9 Lite runs Honor's own UI - EMUI 8.0 on top of the latest Android Oreo 8.0. This means that the users will get features like picture-in-picture, smart text selection and many more.
8. Memory – A big plus on the Honor 9 Lite is the ample memory offering. While the smartphone itself is available in two memory variants – one with a 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage and the other with a 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage, the expandable storage offered is huge. Both the variants carry the capability of an expandable memory of up to 256GB.
9. Fingerprint Sensor – Last but not the least, the Honor 9 Lite features a fingerprint sensor at the back. Though this is not a ‘class apart’ feature but the way it works is quite refined as compared to those found on most of the other smartphones at this price point.
Watch: Smartron t.phone P Review | A Tough Budget Player With a Massive Battery
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Janhvi Kapoor Steps Out With Price Tag Attached to Outfit
- In Pics: Malaika Arora Rings in Her 46th Birthday with Arjun Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor
- Sara Ali Khan's Bikini Pics from Sri Lankan Getaway Are Proof of Beachside Vacay Done Right
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge
- India vs South Africa | Happy to Make Teams Dance to Our Tunes: Shami