Nokia to Help Vodafone Meet Growing Data Demand
Vodafone India on Thursday announced it will deploy Nokia's field-proven cloud packet core to cost-effectively provide faster mobile broadband.
Nokia Reshuffles Management With Focus on 5G Market
To meet the increasing mobile data demand in the country, Vodafone India on Thursday announced it will deploy Nokia's field-proven cloud packet core to cost-effectively provide faster mobile broadband. The Nokia Cloud Packet Core, supported by Nokia CloudBand software, will meet the mobile data demands of 7.8 million subscribers in Bengaluru.
The deployment will enhance the scale and agility of Vodafone India's network to ensure the timely launch of new services, the company said in a statement.
"Collaborating with Nokia will also support us in providing a more reliable and superior network experience to our customers," said Vishant Vora, Director Technology, Vodafone India.
A cloud packet core is essential for service providers to connect to a higher number and variety of devices and to deliver a wider range of services across different access technologies. Nokia's technology leverages all the benefits of a cloud packet core architecture for maximizing resource utilization and rapidly deploying services when and where needed.
"Our technology also enables Vodafone to deliver the best-in-class mobile broadband experience to the customer and lives up to our joint social responsibility to reduce carbon emissions," added Samar Mittal, account director at Nokia India.
Also Watch: Karbonn Titanium Frames S7 Review: A Decent Budget Deal
Recommended For You
- Fact Check: Did the Indian Army Really Perform the #BottleCapChallenge With a Tank in Viral Video?
- These Shirtless Pics of Nick Jonas Has Fans Gushing Over His 'Dad Bod'
- Malinga to Retire From ODIs After First Match Against Bangladesh
- Chandrayaan 2 Launched Successfully By ISRO | India's Second Moon Mission
- Jio Effect: Vodafone Introduces Rs 205 and Rs 225 Prepaid Recharge Plans - Here Are The Details