Now, Press Pause on Push Notifications with Twitter's New 'Snooze' Feature
The feature being tested by Twitter is labelled "Snooze" and lets the user silence notifications for either one, three or 12 hours.
Micro-blogging site Twitter is testing a new feature that would allow users to mute push notifications for a certain amount of time. This discovery was first made by Jane Manchun Wong who regularly discovers unreleased features on popular social media applications.
Wong reportedly found it by looking at the code underneath the social network's Android app. She found a built-in bell-shaped snooze button at the top right corner of the notifications tab, tapping it brings up the Snooze Notifications panel that lets you mute push notifications for up to 12 hours, the Engadget reported on Wednesday.
The feature being tested by Twitter is labelled as "Snooze" and lets you silence notifications for either one, three or 12 hours. Once the Snooze feature is turned on, notifications would continue to accumulate in the "Notifications" tab of the Twitter app, thus allowing users to catch up anytime.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Anushka Sharma Recalls Dancing to Preity Zinta's Song Bumbro from Mission Kashmir in School
- Sophie Turner Joins Joe Jonas in NYC as Jonas Brothers Take a Day Off from Their Tour
- Keanu Reeves, Carrie Anne-Moss Are Officially Returning for Matrix 4, And Fans Can't Keep Calm
- Saina Nehwal, Kidambi Srikanth Post Contrasting Wins at World Badminton Championships
- OnePlus TV Will be Launched in India in September; Expected to Run Android TV