OnePlus 3 Coming to India on June 15: All That You Need to Know About the Upcoming Flagship
OnePlus has finally revealed that their new flagship smartphone is coming to India on June 15 - a day after it makes a global debut.
The phone will be first unveiled to the world on June 14. Quite like the last year, the OnePlus 3 launch will also take place in virtual reality. While the experience of the OnePlus 2 launch in VR wasn't great, it's yet to be seen how the company, which continues with the same approach for the successor, manages to up the ante this year.
While the company will divulge all information about the OnePlus 3 including pricing and availability details on the day of launch, there are certain things about the phone that are already out and we think you should know them.
1. OnePlus says to be taking the VR launch this year one step further. The company has done away with the last year's Cardboard VR headsets, and instead, has created the OnePlus Loop VR Headset. The new headset, as the company claims, will offer a "more robust, immersive and comfortable experience".
The Loop VR Headset is available for free. The company, however, will charge for shipping.
To attend the OnePlus 3 launch in VR, you can download the app from here.
2. With the Loop VR Headset, attendees will not only will be able to witness the OnePlus 3 launch in VR, but they will also be able to order the OnePlus 3 before anyone else - all that in VR. "During the first two hours of the launch, our new flagship device (OnePlus 3) will be available exclusively in the Loop," says OnePlus.
3. Going by the launch schedule shared by the company, the event, on June 14, will begin at 10PM IST. On June 15, the company has an event scheduled at 12.15 PM in New Delhi.
4. The OnePlus 3 will bring about a major change in the way OnePlus products are sold. With the OnePlus 3, the company is officially saying goodbye to invites. OnePlus has clearly stated that unlike its other products, the OnePlus 3 will be available invite-free - right from the launch day.
5. If the rumours are to be believed, the upcoming OnePlus 3 will have a 5.5-inch full HD display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 chipset, 16 megapixel rear camera and an 8 megapixel front camera.
Speculations are rife that the OnePlus 3 will come in two storage variants -32GB (with 4 GB of RAm) of storage, and 64 GB (with 6 GB of RAM). It is also believed that the new OnePlus phone will have a 3650mAh battery with fast charging support, fingerprint sensor, and will run Android Marshmallow-based OxygenOS.
While the phone is already listed on Oppomart for $369, it's yet to be seen if the company announces the phone at the same price. The company will reveal pricing and availability details of the OnePlus 3 on June 14.