OnePlus 7 Won't Support Wireless Charging: CEO Lau
OnePlus' next smartphone, the OnePlus 7, won't support wireless charging as the technology is "inferior", company's CEO Pete Lau has confirmed, according to the CNET.
OnePlus 7 Won't Support Wireless Charging: CEO Lau (image: SlashLeaks)
Premium smartphone maker OnePlus' next smartphone, the OnePlus 7, won't support wireless charging as the technology is "inferior", company's CEO Pete Lau has confirmed, according to the CNET. The smartphone player offers looks and internals found in flagship phones at a lower price, but one feature that continues to elude OnePlus devices is the efficient wireless charging.
Lau still doesn't think it's worth adding to his products, according to reports on Tuesday. Wireless charging is now available on most flagship smartphones and some original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), like Samsung and Huawei, are leading with reverse wireless charging -- a feature that lets you use the phone to charge another device wirelessly.
"OnePlus charging is one of the best. Wireless charging is far inferior," Lau was quoted as saying. Notably, the company's proprietary "Warp Charge" on the latest OnePlus 6T McLaren edition phone is blazing fast at 30W. The company is working to make wireless charging faster without causing the device to overheat, according to the Android Police.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Netizens Compare Virat Kohli's Hairstyle in Throwback Picture with Salman Khan's Tere Naam Hairdo
- Pankaj Tripathi Shares Emotional Incident When He Stole His 'Guru' Manoj Bajpayee's Slippers
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year