Pakistan to be First South Asian Country to Test 5G
Pakistan will be the first South Asian country to test fifth-generation cellular services for fast connectivity.
Pakistan will be the first South Asian country to test fifth-generation cellular services for fast connectivity. (Image: REUTERS/Adnan Abidi)
Pakistan will be the first South Asian country to test fifth-generation cellular services for fast connectivity, Minister of State for Information Technology Anusha Rehman has said.
"Pakistan recently won the GSMA award and ranked third in the list of mobile telecom operator groups," Rehman said on Tuesday.
The government was working on a project to provide at least one mobile tower per 100 users in every village by 2030, she said.
Rehman said information technology was booming in the country and broadband penetration increased from three to 27 per cent in the last two years.
"We are working towards making a digital Pakistan. Economy through IT, freelance, start-ups, e-commerce and mobile apps are the future."
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- ‘Gender Sensitisation’ Programmes on the Anvil: BCCI GM Saba Karim
- Deepika Padukone Ranks Ahead of Shah Rukh, Salman Khan on Most Valued Indian Celebrity List
- This YouTuber Flew Down From Hong Kong to Play PewDiePie's Diss Track Outside T-Series HQ in Noida
- Samsung to Stop Making Flagship Phones in India, Protesting Phased Manufacturing Programme
- A Professor, Doctor and a Businessman Met on Twitter - Anonymously
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s