Paytm Now Accepts UPI Payments
Users on the UPI platform can now add money to their Paytm wallets using their UPI ID.
Paytm customers across Punjab can now tap on the ‘Electricity’ icon in their Paytm app, choose Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL) to pay bills. (Representative Image: Reuters)
Mobile payment and e-commerce platform Paytm on Tuesday added support for payments using the "Unified Payments Interface" (UPI).
Users on the UPI platform can now add money to their Paytm wallets using their UPI ID, a statement said.
"We have implemented a deep integration between our payment system and UPI. This will not only help customers add money into their Paytm Wallets, but also act as a strong foundation for our upcoming Payments Bank," said Nitin Misra, Senior Vice President, Paytm.
Paytm has also introduced "App Password" feature that helps user to keep Paytm account safe even if the phone is lost or misplaced.
The app is available in 10 regional languages, including Hindi, to make digital payments accessible to all.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone's Candid Pic with Fan Leads to 'Who is Dressed Better' Question
- Salman Khan Promises Tatkal Ticket to Finale in Bigg Boss 13 Promo
- Metz M55G2 4K Android TV Review: So Good, it Should Cost a Lot More Than Rs 42,990
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans
- 'Choked' by Husband’s Extreme Love and Affection, UAE Woman Seeks Divorce