Paytm Offers Jobs to Employees Sacked by Snapdeal and Stayzilla
Paytm is walking into the ring by offering generous job offers to laid-off staffers.
Paytm is walking into the ring by offering generous job offers to laid-off staffers. (File photo)
With hundreds of employees being handed out pink slips by companies such as Snapdeal and Stayzilla, rival e-commerce firm Paytm is walking into the ring by offering generous job offers to laid-off staffers.
Paytm founder and CEO Vijay Shekhar Sharma tweeted: “Hello, Tech/Product people in Delhi NCR, feeling heat of business restructuring? We welcome you @Paytm and @Paytm-Mall with open arms.”
While the tweet did not mention any names, it may be noted that last week Softbank-backed e-commerce firm Snapdeal announced laying off 500-600 employees across verticals while homestay-booking platform Stayzilla shut shop.
Snapdeal co-founder Kunal Bahl admitted to having made mistakes in growing much before it could figure out the right economic model. Struggling to raise fresh capital, Snapdeal will stop all non-core activities, reduce costs drastically and cut down staff strength to turn profitable.
Similarly, the Chennai-based online hotel room aggregator Stayzilla also decided to wrap up operations because of intense competition in the market.
On the other hand, mobile wallet firm Paytm has seen a significant growth in business after the government’s move to demonetise high-denomination notes. The company, which is slated to launch its payments bank soon, is hiring aggressively across its areas.
Recommended For You
- After Athiya Shetty & Aayush Sharma, Salman Khan is Launching Mohnish Bahl's Daughter Pranutan
- Priyanka Chopra's Mother Strongly Reacts to The Cut Article: Don't Want to Give Publicity to Fools
- India vs Australia: Pant Surpasses Saha & Equals World Record For Most Dismissals in a Test
- Christmas 2018: Downton Abbey Dinners are Now a Gifting Option
- India vs Australia: Injured Prithvi Shaw Resumes Running After Ligament Injury