Portugal's Sonae to Expand Cybersecurity Business With Deals
Sonae, which runs a stable of Continente-brand hypermarkets, electronic appliances stores Worten and other outlets, has a growing online retail business that needs cybersecurity.
Portugal's retail-focused conglomerate Sonae plans to buy more cybersecurity firms as it builds a portfolio in Portugal, Spain, the United States and Germany, a company official said. Carlos Silva, executive board member of the conglomerate's corporate venture arm Sonae IM, told Reuters it was looking for more companies to integrate with its Spain-based cybersecurity business S21Sec, acquired in 2014 and dealing with web fraud protection, data-leak detection and cyber threat alerts.
Sonae, which runs a stable of Continente-brand hypermarkets, electronic appliances stores Worten and other outlets, has a growing online retail business that needs cybersecurity. Sonae IM also offers these services to clients and had sales of 123 million euros ($147 million) in the first nine months of 2017. Sonae IM has recently announced its entry into the capital of German startup Secucloud which specialises in cloud-based security solutions for mobile networks, and U.S. firm Arctic Wolf, providing concierge security engineering services.
"We are looking for 'buy and build' opportunities to integrate with S21Sec ... There are also other segments for us to bet on like those where Arctic Wolf and Secucloud operate," Silva said.
Tech And Auto Show | EP21 | Apple iPhone X, Suzuki Intruder 150 & More
Recommended For You
- Anuj Sachdeva on Urvashi Dholakia: Have Understood My Responsibility but the Moment and Time Has Passed
- Shilpa Shinde Says Dipika Kakar Copied Her During Her Bigg Boss Stint
- Arjun Kapoor Trolls Katrina Kaif Again, This Time for Wearing Sunglasses at Night
- Gay Penguin Parents Who Tried to Hatch Stone Get Presented With Real Egg
- Instagram Users Can Report False Content And Expect Fact Checkers to Verify it
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s