Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 Introduced; To Increase 25% CPU Performance in Mid-Range Smartphones
The Snapdragon 450 Mobile Platform focuses on improvements compared to its predecessor in four key categories of features - CPU and GPU, Battery Life, Camera and Multimedia and Connectivity.
Qualcomm has introduced its Snapdragon 450 processor for the mid-range smartphones. (Image: Qualcomm)
Qualcomm Incorporated has announced that its subsidiary, Qualcomm Technologies Inc, has introduced a new entry to its Snapdragon 400 Mobile Platform tier – the Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 SoC.
Revealed at the Mobile World Congress Shanghai 2017, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 is the first in its tier to use 14nm FINFET process and is designed for mid-range smartphones and tablets. The Snapdragon 450 processor aims to deliver improvements in battery life, graphics and compute performance, imaging and LTE connectivity over its predecessor, the Snapdragon 435 Mobile Platform.
The Snapdragon 450 Mobile Platform focuses on improvements compared to its predecessor in four key categories of features:
• Improved CPU and GPU: Higher performing octa - core ARM Cortex A53 CPU results in 25 percent increase in computer performance compared to its predecessor. Additionally, the integrated Qualcomm Adreno 506 GPU delivers a 25 percent increase in graphics performance over the Snapdragon 435.
• Battery life: Power management improvements result in up to four additional hours of usage time compared to the Snapdragon 435, as well as up to a 30 percent reduction in power when gaming.
The Snapdragon 450 also comes with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 support, which can charge a typical smartphone from zero to 80 percent in about 35 minutes.
Watch Video: Qualcomm VP on Making For India And Why Cost and Performance Matters
Also read: Top 5 Controversies Surrounding OnePlus 5
• Camera and multimedia: The Snapdragon 450 is the first in the 400 - tier to support real - time Bokeh (Live Bokeh) effects. It is also designed to improve on previous generations by including support for enhanced dual camera at 13+13-megapixel, or single camera support up to 21-megapixel; hybrid autofocus; and 1080p video capture and playback at up to 60fps, enabling slow motion capture.
The Snapdragon 450 also includes support for 1920x1200 full HD displays, as well as the Qualcomm Hexagon DSP, which enables multimedia, camera and sensor processing at greater performance and lower power than the previous generation.
• Connectivity and USB: The LTE connectivity on the SoC is powered by the the Snapdragon X9 LTE modem, which utilizes 2x20MHz carrier aggregation in both downlink and uplink for peak speeds of 300 Mbps and 150 Mbps respectively, support for a large number of mobile networks with Snapdragon All Mode and 802.11ac with MU - MIMO support. The Snapdragon 450 also supports USB 3.0 which is first in its tier to support fast USB data transfer.
Qualcomm claims that to date, more than 1900 designs have launched or are in the pipeline across the Snapdragon 400 tier mobile platforms. The Snapdragon 450 is expected to begin commercial sampling to customers in Q3 2017, and is expected to be available in consumer devices by the end of the year.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Russian Goalkeeper Saveli Kononov Gets AK-47 for his Man of the Match Performance
- This is My Father's Money, Says KBC 11 Crorepati Sanoj Raj
- 2020 Women's U-17 FIFA World Cup to be Held in India from November 2-21
- Your Data, Location Might be Tracked with This SIM Card Flaw, Without Your Knowledge
- Mi TV Netflix Support to Finally Roll Out on September 17, Suggests Teaser