Rocket Maker SpaceX Raises Another $100 Million
SpaceX's funding round in July had valued the rocket maker at about $21 billion, according to news reports.
SpaceX Scraps Plan to Upgrade Falcon 9 For More Reusability (photo for representation, image: Reuters)
Elon Musk-led SpaceX has raised $100 million by selling shares, in an extension to a financing round earlier this year that raised up to $350 million, a regulatory filing showed on Monday. SpaceX's funding round in July had valued the rocket maker at about $21 billion, according to news reports. In May, Space Exploration Technologies Corp launched its first satellite for the U.S. military with its Falcon 9 rocket, breaking a 10-year monopoly held by a partnership of Lockheed Martin and Boeing.
The Hawthorne, California-based company also has also outlined plans for a trip to Mars in 2022, to be followed by a manned mission to the red planet by 2024. Besides SpaceX, Musk also leads electric car maker Tesla.
Tech And Auto Show | EP21 | Apple iPhone X, Suzuki Intruder 150 & More
Recommended For You
- Netizens Troll Sonakshi Sinha After She Fails to Answer Simple Ramayan Question on KBC 11
- Pankaj Tripathi Shares Emotional Incident When He Stole His 'Guru' Manoj Bajpayee's Slippers
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s