Samsung Galaxy S8 May Launch With AirPod-like Wireless Earphones
It is also unknown whether the Gear IconX will be bundled with the Galaxy S8 or not.
Samsung Galaxy S7 (right) and S7 Edge smartphones receive Android 7.0 Nougat. (Image: REUTERS/Albert Gea)
After having seen a rough year in the wake of the failure of Galaxy Note 7, South Korean tech giant Samsung has decided to launch Bluetooth earbuds similar to Apple's 'AirPods' alongside its high-anticipated flagship for 2017 - the Galaxy S8.
Also, rumour mills are abuzz that Samsung will do away with the standard 3.5-mm audio jack with Galaxy S8.
It is expected that the headphones will include Harman internals. It is not clear whether Samsung will launch a new design for the Galaxy S8 or offer the Gear IconX along with the flagship.
The Gear IconX was unveiled in the UK; these small wireless Bluetooth earbuds include a small touchpad for controlling music playback.
It is also unknown whether the IconX will be bundled with the Galaxy S8 or not. That being said, the Gear IconX is being seen as a stiff competition to Apple's AirPods.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Watch: Horrifying Video Shows Snake Latching onto Man's Head After He Taunts It
- Happy Daughter’s Day 2019: Meet the Famous Father-Daughter Duo of Bollywood
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes