Samsung Galaxy S8 Will Not Come With 3.5mm Headphone Jack: Report
Samsung Galaxy S8 will not feature the traditional 3.5mm headphone jack.
Samsung plans to sell refurbished Galaxy Note 7. (Representative image: Reuters)
Samsung is reportedly following Apple to ditch the beloved 3.5mm headphone jack in its next flagships Galaxy S8 smartphone, which will be launched in 2017. According to a report by Sam Mobile, the Samsung Galaxy S8 will feature a USB Type-C port and if you wish to use your old headphones with the Galaxy S8 then you will need an adapter to do so.
As Samsung has already launched its Gear IconX cord-free earbuds with activity tracker (costs Rs 16,100), it was just a matter of time when the Samsung took this bold step. The Galaxy S8 is expected to be launched in February 2017.
The report said that by removing the 3.5mm headphone jack, Samsung will make the Galaxy S8 thinner and will add a bigger battery.
Meanwhile, Samsung will soon upgrade its Galaxy A series (2016) to Android Nougat after seeding the Android Nougat beta build to Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge.
Samsung Galaxy A3, Galaxy A5, Galaxy A7, Galaxy A8, Galaxy A9 and Galaxy A9 Pro should be able to expect the update in near future.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Tom Hiddleston Reveals Chris Hemsworth Punched Him While Filming The Avengers
- Sonakshi Sinha Replies to People Trolling Her For Not Answering KBC Ramayan Question
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Area 51 Raid: Here's How Many People Turned Up, and What Really Happened
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough