Samsung Group Chief Jay Y Lee Paid $1 Million by Flagship Affiliate in 2016 - Filing
Jay Y Lee is currently on trial for bribery, embezzlement and other charges amid a corruption scandal.
Jay Y Lee is currently on trial for bribery, embezzlement and other charges amid a corruption scandal. (Image: REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji
Samsung Electronics Co Ltd said on Friday it paid Vice Chairman Jay Y. Lee, the third-generation leader of Samsung Group, 1.135 billion won ($1.02 million) last year, disclosing his compensation for the first time.
Lee is currently on trial for bribery, embezzlement and other charges amid a corruption scandal that has rocked South Korea.
Lee's compensation package includes 476 million won in wages equivalent to three months' pay as director. South Korean companies are required to disclose compensation for executives who sit on the board and are paid at least 500 million won on an annual basis.
Recommended For You
- Neha Kakkar Shares Emotional Posts After Break-up with Himansh Kohli, Says I Gave Away Everything
- An Institute in Ladakh is Using a Car as 'Alternate' Roof, Anand Mahindra is Impressed
- OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition Review: Doffing The Hat to McLaren Inspiration
- Microsoft Surface Go is Coming Soon to India, Will be Available Exclusively on Flipkart
- Tech And Auto Awards 2018: SUV/MPV Of The Year
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s