Samsung Mobile Most Attractive Brand in India, Reliance Jio Ranks 4th: TRA Research Report
Reliance Jio, the major disruptor in the Indian telecom sector, ranked fourth among the top 20 attractive brands, the report said.
Samsung Expects Weak Q1 Earnings Over Chip Prices (photo for representation)
South Korean mobile phone major Samsung Mobile is the most attractive brand, said a TRA Research report on Thursday. Reliance Jio, the major disruptor in the Indian telecom sector, ranked fourth among the top 20 attractive brands, the report said. Speaking on the popularity of Samsung Mobile, N. Chandramouli, CEO of TRA Research, said: "Samsung offers mobile phones with prices ranging from Rs 8,000-75,000 and this very variety sets it aside from other mobile manufacturers."
He also noted that the company has come out well after instances of the Samsung Note 7 model bursting and catching fire in 2016 hurt the brand significantly. On Reliance Jio, Chandramouli said that the internet penetration achieved by Jio and the data availability it has ensured have helped in its popularity. Following Samsung Mobile, on the second position is Tata Motors, while Apple iPhone ranked third in the list. The fifth position was held by Maruti Suzuki.
TRA said it conducted the survey among 2,474 consumer-influencers across 16 cities in the country.
Disclaimer: Reliance Industries Ltd, which owns Jio, is the sole beneficiary of Independent Media Trust which controls Network18 Media & Investments Ltd.
Recommended For You
- Amala Paul's Aadai Teaser Gets Big Thumbs-up from Karan Johar, Samantha Akkineni and More
- Can You Trust Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency? Initial Regulatory Indicators Aren’t Exactly Positive
- Xiaomi Sells More Than 100,000 Mi TVs in Just 9 Minutes During 618 Sales in China
- Updates Galore For OnePlus 7 Pro, as The OxygenOS 9.5.8 Now Rolls Out: The Complete Changelog
- Benoit Paire, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga Showcase Football Skills During Match Rally at Halle Open
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s