Samsung to Reveal Galaxy Note 7 Investigation Report This Month
The South Korean firm said in October it was examining all aspects of the Galaxy Note 7.
SDI Batteries struggling in the market after the Note 7 fiasco. (Image: Reuters)
Samsung Electronics Co Ltd will announce this month the results of an investigation into what caused some of its Galaxy Note 7 smartphones to catch fire, the JoongAng Ilbo newspaper reported on Monday citing unnamed sources.
The South Korean firm said in October it was examining all aspects of the phone, suggesting there may be a combination of factors that contributed to one of the costliest product safety failures in tech history.
The world's top smartphone maker warned of a $5.1 billion hit to its operating profit over three-quarters following its decision to permanently halt Galaxy Note 7 sales in October.
Investors and analysts have said it is critical for Samsung to identify the root cause of the fires in order to rebuild consumer trust and avoid repeating the same mistakes.
A Samsung Electronics spokesman declined to comment.
Recommended For You
- Anushka Sharma Quashes Pregnancy Rumours, Says 'It is Something No One Can Hide'
- Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Elisa Gray: Meet Her in 10 Photos
- Putin Them Away: Russian President's Annual Calendar Sold Out in Japan
- PUBG Vikendi Snow Map to be Released on 20 December 2018: Watch Video
- Tech And Auto Awards 2018: SUV/MPV Of The Year
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s