Samsung Will Still Need ‘Weeks’ to Tell Why Galaxy Note 7 Exploded
Samsung has clarified that the batteries of Galaxy Note 7 are not the only component under check.
Samsung has clarified that the batteries of Galaxy Note 7 are not the only component under check. (Image: Samsung)
Samsung will reportedly reveal the real cause for its Galaxy Note 7 explosions in the “coming weeks” according to Business Insider. While the company has already stopped production of the new Galaxy Note 7 after multiple incidents of fire and explosions were reported, the South Korean electronics giant is still clueless about the cause.
Initially, inferior batteries were seen as the culprit. However, Samsung clarified that the batteries are not the only component under check. This comes after several replacement units of the Galaxy Note 7 faced similar fate after Samsung claimed to have used batteries made by different manufacturer.
The company ordered the suspension of sales on the recommendation of South Korean safety officials, who say they suspect a new defect in the replacement phones that may not be related to its batteries alone.
In a statement, Samsung said consumers with original Note 7 devices or replacements they obtained after the recall should turn them off and seek a refund or exchange them for different phones.
Analysts say the new problems pose a crisis for the South Korean tech giant, which is locked in fierce competition with Apple and other leading smartphone makers.
(With AP inputs)
Recommended For You
- Manchester United Bounce Back Against Tottenham to Seal FA Cup Final Berth
- KKR Captain Karthik Questions DLS Method After KXIP Thrashing
- Cyber Terrorism: Teen Gets Two Years Jail For Accessing CIA Head's Email Account
- Natalie Portman Explains Her Absence From Israeli Award; Says Not Boycotting the Country But Benjamin Netanyahu
- CJI Impeachment: Can the Chief Justice of India Be Impeached?