Samsung's First-Ever 'Happy Hours' Sale on Amazon on December 12
The South Korean tech giant's smartphone sales recorded a double-digit increase (19.3 per cent) in the third quarter, market research firm Gartner said last month.
Photo for representation. (Image: Reuters)
In a first, Samsung India will cut the prices of some of its Galaxy smartphones ahead of Christmas as part of "Happy Hours" sale on Amazon.in on December 12. The 'Happy Hour" sale, also on Samsung e-store, will include the Rs 8,990 Galaxy On7 Pro, industry sources told IANS.
The South Korean tech giant's smartphone sales recorded a double-digit increase (19.3 percent) in the third quarter, market research firm Gartner said last month. With a 22.3 percent market share, the South Korean giant pipped Apple to grab the top spot in the global smartphone sales to end users (by the vendor) in the third quarter of 2017.
Apple registered a distant 11.9 percent market share while Huawei with 9.5 percent was at third spot as the global smartphone sales reached 383 million units in the third quarter. In the second quarter, Samsung registered 20.7 percent market share while Apple had 13.7 percent, indicating a drop for the Cupertino-based giant.
Watch: Honor 7X First Impressions Review | Honor Has an Ace up Its Sleeve
Recommended For You
- How Teams Have Fared in their Maiden Test at Lord's
- Spending Time With World Cup Team are Memories to Treasure: Mayank Agarwal
- Apple Releases iOS 12.4, WatchOS 5.3; Walkie-Talkie App Returns on Apple Watch
- Netizens Call out Harbhajan Singh on 'Bigoted' Tweet about Chandrayaan-2 Success
- Best and Worst Day of my Cricketing Life – Guptill Looks Back at World Cup Final