Snap Chief Earns $638 Million in 2017, Third-Highest CEO Payout Ever
Evan Spiegel's pay package is based on stock-based awards worth $636.6 million and salary and other compensation worth about $1.2 million, according to a security filing by Snap on Thursday.
Snapchat Co-Founder Evan Spiegel Limits Stepson's Screen Time (Photo: Snap CEO Evan, image: REUTERS/Mike Blake)
Chief Executive Evan Spiegel received $637.8 million as total compensation last year after the company went public, the third-highest annual payout ever received by a company's CEO. Spiegel's payout trails the 2007 and 2008 compensations of Daniel Och, CEO of hedge fund Och-Ziff Capital Management Group, according to ISS Analytics, the data arm of Institutional Shareholder Services.
Och received an annual compensation of $918.9 million in fiscal year 2007 and $1.19 billion in 2008. Spiegel's pay package is based on stock-based awards worth $636.6 million and salary and other compensation worth about $1.2 million, according to a security filing by Snap on Thursday. "I believe this is the largest value we have seen in the 10 years we've been compiling annual 'highest-paid' CEO studies," said Dan Marcec, Director of Content at executive compensation data firm Equilar.
Spiegel earned $98,078 as salary in 2017, according to a security filing by the company. Shares of Snap rose in February above its IPO price of $17 for the first time since July. The company's shares fell 8 percent on Thursday and analysts attributed the losses to users taking issue with Snap's latest redesign.
Watch: Tech and Auto Show Ep 31 | Auto Expo 2018 Special | Unveilings & Launches
Recommended For You
- Samsung Tablet Explodes and Burns a Hole in Bed, 11-Year-Old Escapes Unhurt
- AIFF's Denial to Rumours of ISL Getting Top Division Status is Appalling: I-League Champions Chennai City FC
- 'I am Fine, Recovering & Should Be Back to My Hotel Room Soon' - Brian Lara
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Have 'Officially' Parted Ways: Report
- Deepika Padukone Slays in Chic Outfit in This Stunning Photo Shoot, Ranveer Singh Takes Full Credit
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s